Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

XOXOXOX


I used to really hate Valentine's Day! Of course that was before I met Craig. Since his sweet soul entered my life, everything's been different. I'm not a flowers and candy kind of gal, although I won't turn those down. I don't need to be fussed over, I just want him to acknowledge me and be sweet. That's not hard or complicated. For ten years he's done right by me.

What I now love about Valentines Day is my chicklettes. I love spoiling them with chocolate and buying them cheesy Valentine stuffed animals. I even baked them heart shaped muffins this morning. Am I a sap or what? Of course the muffins were before a shower and coffee, so I grumbled at my dumplings the entire time! "Happy fricken' Valentine's Day! Eat your muffins."

I sent Craig to work with a card and some cinnimon bears. You know the big, red, hot gummy bears? I told him I got them because he's hot and squishy, naw, I said because he's hot and sweet. I adore him and I told him so. His REAL present will come later... wink...wink!

I am wishing all of you a love-filled Valentine's Day. May this day not be the commercialized, Hallmark card, lame conversation heart day from hell we all loath, but rather a day that you spread LOVE to those special people in your life and maybe sprinkle some of that goodwill on a stranger, you'll both be better for it!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Amen!

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger sjobs said…

    I have to say, this was the first Valentine's Day that I actually was hoping for something from a friend of the opposite sex. He BROUGHT me flowers at work. Which means he had to find someone to cover his last class and get to me before basketball practice. I was so surprised and shocked. Everyone at my work thought he was the flower delivery guy, until I hugged and kissed him. Then they figured it all out.....

    I am so in love and don't want to stop this feeling for a very long time....

    Mary

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger WarriorM said…

    Mary, I'm so happy for you! What a romantic gesture. It looks like you've got a keeper!

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    awwwww :)

    I couldn't agree more! :)
    xoxoox

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats