Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Drinking and Scouts

Trudy with the Dancing Booty wanted the exact recipe for the Moscow Mule.

So here it is:

Moscow Mule:
2 measures vodka
1 measure lime juice
4 measures ginger ale
1 lemon & 1 orange wedge

Almost fill highball or Collins glass with broken ice.
Pour in vodka and lime juice.
Add ginger ale and stir well.
Garnish with the lemon and orange slices.

Variation: Substitute ginger beer for the ginger ale.

A very good and refreshing drink.

I wish I had something interesting to post, but not much happenin' in my neck of the woods. I just got back from my kids' awards assembly. They were rewarded by me to a trip to our local candy shop. Right now I'm a golden in their eyes.

Tonight we get to watch the two older boys race their pine cars for the pine car derby through the scouts. I hope I don't offend anyone when I say that the Boy Scouts of America organization are full of weirdoes. When you look around the room it’s full of some of the biggest misfits this community has to offer. Considering that I live in Montana, that's saying A LOT! Subsequently, this will be my boys last year in scouts. After doing this for a whopping two years and going to pack meetings where the pack leader wants us to clap in a circle for "a round of applause" wink-wink; I've had enough!

I kind of thought that boy scouts would be a good extra-curricular activity for Craig and the boys, but not so much. Craig thinks it’s pretty lame and the boys aren't exactly enthusiastic about all of the related activities. I had trepidations about the BS of A because of their stance on gay den leaders, but now I've figured not only is the organization closed minded, but they're teaching my kids how to be complete dorks. As if anyone in my family needed help with that. Well, I'm off. I need to go feed my brood before the derby.

Here's the menu:
Uncle Bubba's Beer Biscuits
Steamed Broccoli with Butter and herbs
Garlic mashed potatoes
Grilled London broil
white and dark chocolate chip cookies

I'll be consuming lots of Moscow Mules while I cook. That way the derby might actually be enjoyable! Caio, Baby!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said…

    I'm so fucking laughing here! Good for you! Show up toasted for the Derby!

    I lasted ONE year in Girl Scouts. I can't fathom changing my ideals and thinking processes for an organization. And like your boys, no one can turn me into a dork!

    If you want your kids to hang out with the cool kids, bring 'em down here this summer. If they're REALLY good I'll introduce 'em to some of my gang kids. I'm such a giver!

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    LOL Thanks so much for the recipe!

    Scouts depends a LOT on the group of leaders! And I have the same squerky feelings about it as you do because of their stance on gays etc. Luckily the group we are part of is pretty progessive...and they do REALLY FANTASTIC activities and things! I personally can't stand seeing leaders in full-blown uniforms down to the green socks though. A tan leader shirt is fine....but jeeeeez...some of these people (shudder). But I feel the same way about people who are SOOOOO into their kids' sports that they become bizzaro....or "stage moms" who are sooo into their kids' performances. I guess I am just repulsed by that level of commitment.

    However, a group of women eagerly exchanging cocktail recipes is a whole different banana! We are a force to be reckoned with and admired, doncha think? LOL

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Ah yes the pine car derby...I remember it well. Our scouting experience involved a lot of people who ddn't show up. We made it for 3 years before we gave up the good fight.

    I'm with Trudy...a group of women eagerly exchanging cocktail recipes is a whole different banana!! Can I get an AMEN!!

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    Amen and Hallelujah!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats