Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Moscow Mule's are Kickin'


I have a new favorite drink! I usually love vodka and cranberry with a lime twist and I also adore gin and tonic with lime. Well, I had a Bunko party the other night and I fixed a non-alcoholic punch with pineapple juice and ginger ale. I had a bunch of ginger ale left over, so I looked in my handy-dandy cocktail book for a drink with ginger ale.

The drink is called Moscow Mule. Apparently, it was created here in the States, despite its name. In the 1940's a guy here in the U.S. bought the rights to Smirnoff Vodka. He wanted to promote his new endeavor and got together with a pub owner who had a stock pile of ginger ale. They combined the two with a dash of lime juice and change-o-presto, the Moscow Mule was created. You use a lime and an orange slice for garnish and it's a great drink!

So, I've had a busy couple of weeks, which is why I haven't posted anything new. Yesterday I got back into the gym and then entertained a friend's husband and baby while she was in town working. By the time I picked up my boys from school and started the afternoon battle of homework, dinner, and bath time, I was ready for a drink. I have to say that I'm not a BIG drinker. I mean, I could put away the booze in college, but since I've had kids I don't drink too often. Apparently, last night I needed a little stress relief.

I got the kids to bed and made the first of SIX Moscow Mules. Craig decided to join me in my little pity party and was drinking bourbon and diet coke to beat the band. It always amazes me that after being together for so long, we still learn new things about each other. Booze being the lubricator that it is helped the night evolve into deep discussions about our families and our feelings about who and what we are to those families. It's great to bond like that and feel so close to each other. We had a nice time together and I'm grateful we still have the ability to do that. Having some drunk, good-lovin' afterwards wasn't bad either.

Needless to say, I woke up a bit sore from my workout at the gym and a bit tired from a night of drinking and debauchery with my husband. I looked at my blog and decided that I need to get my butt in gear with my posts. I had a post about the miners cued up, but I just deleted it because I felt like I had nothing new to bring to the table. I keep thinking about the one survivor and if he'll ever recover from this tragedy, both physically and emotionally. Talk about survivor's guilt, holy crap! Anyway, like I said I have nothing new to bring to that discussion.

My life right now consists of trying to get my over-eating butt back in shape and trying to watch my foul mouth in front of my kids. I'm not doing too hot at either endeavor, but I'll keep you posted. Hopefully, now that life has settled in again, I can get back to posting on a more regular basis. I hope you try my new favorite drink!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Okay first of all Figequalsgood that drink sounds scary!

    Mary...I can't wait to try the drink. You know I love all things lime-y.

    Which brings me to chango presto.
    Which I read as chain-go, and then chan-go and had to double back before I realized it was change-o presto...right? Or did you mean something else and I'm too out of the cool loop to know.

    Gotta mention to the guy I live with about booze as the great lubricator. It must work if you say so.

    You brought a smile to my face kiddo. I love you!!

     
  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger Zephyr said…

    So I need to find me one of those handy dandy booze books too! That looks really good! :)

    And yes, get your butt in gear and post here again. We miss you. You could even give your hubby a little kick in the pants to post too. hehe

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    Days and days ago.....I wrote you a long reply to this post...lol but my computer froze...and it was lost. Briefly.....i need the specifics of this recipe. If you want my Mai Tai (spectacular I might add)recipe....lemme know!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats