Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

I'm Back!




Well, I'm back. We flew back late Thursday and due to some weather issues, we didn't land back in Great Falls until one in the morning Friday. Needless to say, it was a long journey with the three boys.

I don't think I'll go into any detail about my trip. It was great to be with family over the holidays, but it's a busy time to travel. Not to mention that it's hard to adjust to another way of doing Christmas when you've set your own traditions with your kids. All in all, we were all spoiled and we're all glad to be home.Yesterday we all slept in and reveled in being home. Today we're still in our jammies and thinking about unpacking everything. Instead of going out and partying like rock stars, Craig and I are going to stay home with the boys and play some board games. We'll stay up to watch Dick Clarke's last ball drop and then we'll be off to bed. I expect a phone call from my brother just after midnight. He calls every year at that time to wish me a happy birthday.

Yes, tomorrow’s my birthday. I'll be 34. I never care about my age it's the day of my birth I've never really liked. It's so anti-climactic to have your birthday New Year's Day. Everyone's burnt out from the holidays, broke and usually hung over, what fun is that? Of course, my first birthday with Craig changed a lot of that. He's always managed to take something I feel shitty about and turn it into something great!

We were at my sister's house for New Year's Eve. We brought over some Bombay Sapphire Gin and he proceeded to get everyone drunk. He made us all laugh! He even got my sister whose afraid of flying say that she'd go sky diving with us. At midnight he brought out this huge present for me. I unwrapped it to find another wrapped box and then another and another. When I finally got to the last box, I found a silver and gold cuff bracelet. It was a storyteller bracelet from Arizona where he was working at the time. It was beautiful and thoughtful and every time I wear that lovely piece of jewelry I smile.

It's his quirkiness, kind heart and sense of fun that made my birthday so awesome. He got together with my family and allowed us to cut loose without any baggage and bullshit. He made the night fun and light. He does that a lot! His sense of humor is a finely tuned defense mechanism from his childhood. He uses it to lighten the mood and bring the tension down. He always manages to make me smile even when I don't think I want to. I love that he turned my birthday into a special day and a happy day.

Anyway, I'm happy to be home! I missed all of my internet friends and I look forward to catching up with all of you. Have a joyful New Year and may 2006 be full of adventure!!!

10 Comments:

  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said…

    Welcome home, woman! I hope you were all able to sleep well last night after doing a little celebrating for the New Year!

    Kudos to Craig for making your birthday as special as you are! Have a wonderful birthday!!

     
  • At 12:39 AM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Yay!! You are home!!! Yippee, skippy, doo-dah day!!!

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Pivoney said…

    Happy Birthday. Glad to hear your travels were safe. Looking forward to hearing from you again.



    tsgopmfp

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    happy B-day old girl and welcome back...

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Zephyr said…

    Welcome back! I kept checking and checking and checking and... Glad you had a good time. I always thought you made Craig sound like a keeper too... lucky you! :)

    Happy New Birthday Year

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger sjobs said…

    Happy Belated Birthday.....

    I love Bombay Sapphire. It is my favorite summer drink with a little bit of tonic and lime..... I think I am thirsty.....

    Happy New year....

    Mary

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    Happy, happy 2006.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    Happy Birthday, Mary!!

    My hubby's BDay is 12/31...so I know what you mean. Everyone is always "busy" that night. On his 40th we combined his BDay with a New Years party...it was a blast..but most years we forgo the New Years thing...and just celebrate his birthday.

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger I n g e r said…

    Happy belated birthday, Mary! That husband's a keeper.

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    Time for an up-date my pretty

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats