Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Sunday, October 23, 2005


So sorry I've not blogged much lately. I'm blogstipated.

I started to blog about Harriet Miers and what a loser she is. She's such a loser that the Catholic Church has denied that she was ever Catholic. Yeah, they even looked back to see if there were any records of her receiving any sacraments. How bad do you have to be that an entire religion wants to go on record to deny that you were ever one of them?

I digress, I didn't write that blog because I'm all worn out from The Shrub. I have no more energy for his uselessness.

I was then going to blog about how hard it is to be a parent. There's a news flash, right? I didn't go into parenting with blinders on. I knew it was going to be a tough gig, but holy cow! With every corner turned, something new comes up to kick my ass. The constant questioning and wondering if you're doing the right thing. The worrying about the future therapy bills. I know, I just know that I'm going to drive them to therapy. Every time I make a mistake I think, holy crap there's another mother-of-the-year nomination. The file of my failings as a parent is thick!

So I chose not to go on about parenting. After all, it isn't as if what I have to say is new. Then I was going to blog about the sarcastic bastard I live with. Here's a tidbit from last night:

Me: They never explained in the movie how they were going to get the anecdote to all of those people.

Him: They'd probably just tell them a joke.

Me: You're an asshole. Sorry, ANTIDOTE!

Him: What?

Me: You couldn't just say, "You misspoke, honey, you meant antidote, not anecdote" You had to be a smart ass and correct me with a sarcastic, snotty comment. I know I'm not a brainiac, but being snotty like that just rubs it in, like "look how stupid she is!"

Him: That's not true. You were smart enough to get my dig! (grins)

Me: Very funny!

Okay, so he is funny, but he's also a sarcastic bastard. I didn't want to devote an entire blog to him either. That's just the encouragement he needs. So here I sit, with nothing of any real consequence to note. Still pluggin' along. I'll let you know when I'm not all blogged up and the ideas are free flowing, so to speak!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    LOL He IS funny! :)

    You're a really good Mommy from all I've read....we're all just winging it the best we can.

    Everyday brings something new....and unexpected....

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    Nothing like a good dose of sarcasm for the marital bliss.

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said…

    Mary...*sigh*...you need me to send you one of my cue cards. The one you might share with Sarcasm Boy says: "How would you like a nice, big cup of shut the fuck up?" You could get away with saying it because you adore S Boy so much.

    And...I think you did just FINE with blogging today. At least you didn't have to read about me offering to give you a blogging enema. (There's a silver freaking lining to EVERYTHING in life!)

    Here's my two cents on the parent thing: I was trying to model how to piece together character development with one of my student novels the other day. Finally, at the end of my rope, I said, "Ok...let's get this straight. So-and-so character was using sarcasm. He doesn't like to do what he said. Just 'cause he's good at it, doesn't mean he likes it. I can change my kid's poopie diapers one-handed. I'm good at it. Just because I'm good at it doesn't mean I like it."

    Analogy woman. That's me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats