Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

HELP!


Alright people! I need your help. I'm hosting a meeting here next Monday for military spouses. Usually there's some sort of activity or theme. I've done crafts at the skills center on base and had a fondu party, but I'm currently at a loss as to what to do. I thought we could play some kind of game or craft with a Halloween or Thanksgiving theme, but I've looked online and went to Michaels today and nothing appeals to me.

I have plenty of decor for the theme(Halloween/Fall) and I never really stress about the food, but I need something fun and clever to do. We still have the business portion of the meeting, so the activity can't take too long. So put your collective minds together and help me out!!!

6 Comments:

  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    crached corn and fried pumk. seeds how more good ol' US by-God A can you get...

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Zephyr said…

    You could always buy those cheap little cutters & let each person carve a pumpkin, then vote for the best one. Nice & messy though... they wouldn't want to dress up for it! It's kind of a 'kid' thing to do, but most adults enjoy it too when they actually DO it.

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger Myssa said…

    Or instead of carving it as lara suggested, you might just get some of that pumpkin paint...(Plus for those of us "lucky ones" that are allergic to *EVERYTHING* it's a lot less...uhm emergency-room-trip prone...!)

    I'm trying to think of some of the things my mom used to do for the October OSC meetings. How long are you planning for the "activity"? Would you have time to have someone come in, like a guest speaker, to show some tips on how to baking pumpkin pies at Altitude or something?!?

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger ACG said…

    male stripper?

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    I'm sure your party will be a delight. My vote's for the stripper. Who doesn't like a stripper?

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger I n g e r said…

    Sheesh, I've no fricking clue. But I'm SURE you're going to get inspired and think of the perfect thing!

    I laughed and laughed at the candle tale below! You guys are a riot! Glad your hair didn't erupt in a fireball.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats