Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Who wants to come over?




It's a sad state of affairs when you're cleaning house and your 6 year old says, "who's coming over?" Apparently that's the only time I really clean! Oh well. The house is cleaner than it's been in months, the fall decorations are up and I finally have something hanging on the dining room wall, that has been vacant most of the 4 1/2 years we've lived in this house. All is well!

I did in fact have people over. Last night I hosted the squadron spouses meeting. No event works out without a few mishaps. While making hummus the night before I almost caught the kitchen on fire. The blender got all discombobulated with the ingredients that go into making hummus. It sounded like a car that was pulling hight RPM's and smelled like burned wires. I think it may go to blender heavan. It's been good to us with the many margaritas and milk shakes, but alas it's little motor was all blended out.

While vacuuming yesterday the damn vacuum did the same exact thing. High RPM sound, burned smell. There I was, frantically trying to clean and the major appliance I needed was acting up. I had to at least get the living room done, so I vacuumed in shifts. When the smell got to be too strong I would stop and let it cool down and then start again. I finally got finished with the room and immediately put it in the trunk to take to the repair shop. I've decided that my house is where appliances go when they want to die.

An hour before everyone's supposed to arrive the kitchen lights go out. We've been here for 4 1/2 flippin years and haven't had to change the fluorescent light bulbs in the kitchen once. When do they decide they have no more juice for mamma? Yep, right before my guests arrive. Did I mention my husband is awesome? He got the bulbs and replaced them in record time. Guests arrived while I was finishing putting the food out and the whole shindig was a great success! Someone actually asked if I did the food myself or if I had help. It's great for the ego when you know you've worked hard and you did it yourself.

My hubby always laughs when we have an event at the house because things get done that we've put off forever. He hung plates on the wall in the dining room and we replaced a mirror on the living room wall. I rearranged the furniture and the living room/dining room looks warm and inviting. All is right for the moment, so I was wondering who I could invite over, you know before my house gets all jacked up? So you wanna come over? I'll make some good Italian, we can drink Vodka and cranberry, maybe play some Cranium! Any takers? :-)

7 Comments:

  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Zephyr said…

    I don't know what Cranium is, but if you were closer I'd take you up on it for sure. :)

    Sorry, I wouldn't be able to repay you until I have some shindig here to clean up for. hehehe

     
  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    http://www.sf.edu/athletics/football/schedule_results/2004%20Sked.shtml

    gee now I have someplace to stay next time I make the trip...

    USF is my alma...

    JQP

    and Bloody Mary's please...

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Oh..oh..me! Do me! Do me! *Raising arms and waving hands wildly*

    Me...Me...Me!!!

    P.S. The house looks awesome. Who's coming over? ;-)

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Pivoney said…

    Sorry, I'm busy for the next two weeks. Time for Poochie's birthday party and it's time to get the house in order. I think that's why I have one October and one March kid - at least the house gets cleaned twice a year. If the basement doesn't get finished in the next 11 days my deadline shifts to March.

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said…

    Holy crow! I wanna come visit! And get this, Mary, you NEVER have to clean the house for me. Nope...dust bunnies and I have this ultimate friendship.

    I MUST agree that a clean house always makes me feel as though I've reached a major accomplishment. This weekend, I scrubbed the main bathroom until everything shone...you would have thought I'd given birth without pain meds. *snicker*

    If ya want I'll make the Italian, you drink the Vodka, and we can yippity yap all night long. Oh yeah, I need virgin bloody mary's. Yummilicious!

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    Looking like we might play eachother this year?

    Carrol vs. St. Francis...
    now that would be a tail gate for the record books..

    hell, I would even make the trip up to big sky country... got to love it when it comes down to two schools that are both Catholic...

    oh, and why dont you send in your tattoo? Its not to late...

    JQP

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    Oh God I love Cranium! And it gets better the more vodka/cranberries you've had first! LOL

    I'll be there in 26 hours.... I think that's how long the drive is from here to there.

    BTW, your house looks so clean! My kids always think someone is coming over whe I clean too! LOL How sad...but how true. So...I have to tell you...you inspired me to do the same thing today. I'm going to clean things up and put out my fall/halloween decor that is stting in boxes waiting to warm up the season.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats