Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Monday, September 26, 2005

I Love to Swing (not like THAT you perverts!)


One of the greatest things about being a parent is rediscovering your childhood. One thing I've found out about myself is that I love to swing!

Today was a beautiful early fall day. That smell was in the air; you know the one where the air is crisp, clean, slightly smoky. Everywhere you look the leaves are in various stages of photosynthesis. The colors range from the rich green of late summer to the golden hues of the new season. There was a strong breeze that made the some leaves fall, but others twinkle and twidder on their branches. From the recent rain the ground was ever so slightly damp. The earthy aroma of the dirt made me want to curl my bare toes into it.

It was the perfect afternoon to be outside playing. I had flashbacks of running around, trying to hide from whoever was "it". We would make a people chain from whatever pole, rock, railing or car that was "safe" to help out the few stragglers that were the last to come out of hiding. Today, as I was "convinced" to go outside with the youngest, we started playing on the swingset in the front yard. I pushed him and then got on the other swing. Watching his cherubic smiles, listening to him urge, "higher, Mommy!" Left me feeling joyful-childlike!

We tried to reach the tree in the yard with our feet. Reaching higher and higher, both of us laughing as we grazed the leaves with the tips of our toes. That feeling of flying and the wind blowing in our faces. Being a part of that scene and being a part of one so many years ago.

Serendipity!


2 Comments:

  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger Rosie said…

    *Gulp* Soy-Bean looks like CJ!! Man I'm so jealous! I'm having angst with E-mo Boy and you get to swing in the sunshine.

    I wuv my socks!!

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger I n g e r said…

    Ach, what adorable kids!! That glee--I can feel it from here. Ahhh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats