Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Friday, March 03, 2006


Craig and I have gotten confirmation that we'll be moving to Vandenberg AFB in the central part of California. We were there briefly for Craig's nuke training before coming here five long years ago.We're pretty excited about this endeavor because we'll be closer to family. My dad and some sibs are 4 hours to the southeast, my brother, wife and baby are 4 hours to the north and my other brother and his large clan are a couple hours east. Nobody is too close as to be knocking on my door in various states of drunkenness at all hours, and yet close enough to have visits when I want.

The other awesome deal is that Vandenberg is on the coast and we'll be able to enjoy the wonderful cuisine of the area. I'm not much of a wine person (vodka and gin are my poisons of pleasure), but I will be in the wine country of the movie Sideways. I'm really pumped to go on some tasting tours with my hubby. I didn't get to enjoy that much the first time around because my boys were babies and I didn't want to leave them to go get wasted and come home to dirty diapers and sleepless nights. Now, however I'm totally game for getting trashed and coming home to my cherubs!

So the big problem right now is that we haven't received our orders yet and we don't have our "report no later than date". I'm told that we should get the date "soon, very soon". Whatever that means! Craig requested that we report in mid July because family is coming up here to celebrate my dad's birthday in June (he has a place an hour or so from here also). So we sit and wait.

I have a house to get ready for sale and shit to purge. I don't have to do much packing because the Air Force will move us (however, recently a friend of mine had her china cabinet packed up with the china still in it), so we're also going to do what is termed a partial ditty move. I have no idea what "ditty" stands for, but in a nut shell my mom's china's coming with me! Right now I'm just in the list-making-freaking-out-about-all-the-shit-I-have-to-do phase of preparation.

Thanks for wondering, people. It's nice to know that my cyber friends want to know where we're headed. After all of the craziness subsides, I really am looking forward to getting back to California. This move will be a great thing for all of us.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    Welcome Home!!! Can't wait for you to get here. (Although I'm about 4+ hours from where you're going.) And although wine might not be your poison now...I bet dollars to doughnuts that by this time next year you are loving the wine from your area! Your kids are going to love living there! I'm so happy for you all! Your sister is probably ecstatic!

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger kjane said…

    Hey thats great Mary! Looks like we'll both be wingin' it to the West Coast! Awesome!

    - spart

     
  • At 2:27 AM, Blogger Rosie said…

    I know where Vandenburg is and I'm coming for seafood, and your magnificent company...oh and wine too I guess. Screw it, the wine I mean. Let's have those gingerale and vodka thingys you recently discovered and get plastered and talk about our favorite books in front of our husbands and then taunt them and pass out! What do you say? ;)

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger WarriorM said…

    Sign me up, Ro! I'm sure I'll be ready for lots of vodka after we manage to sell this house and move all our shit with 3 kids and 3 dogs in tow!

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    when do I get to come visit?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats