Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Weather Outside is Frightful...But...


Well, I just stood outside for about 30 seconds and took a nice look around and a BIIIIIG deep breath. It's about 12 degrees outside and the ice and snow is frozen on the barren tree limbs. It's brighter outside at 10:15 than it was at 5:30. There's this other-worldly feel to my neighborhood because of the white that is blanketed and frozen over everything and it's sooo quiet! It makes me want to sing, "...walking in a Winter Wonderland".

I gotta say that I've never been that appreciative of the winter. I hate being so cold that your stomach feels like you've just done a hundred crunches. I really dislike frozen toes, which seems to be my plight no matter which flippin' boots I buy or how thick my damn socks! I also get pretty annoyed with my boys' cold weather gear ALL over my house! Don't get me started on driving with icy roads, that's become a nightmare for me!

Having said all that tonight makes it all seem so magical. I'm giddy with all the white and absolutely thrilled with the prospect of making snow angles tomorrow! From the icicles hanging down from my eves to the absolute awe on my kids' faces each morning, I'm just a twitter with joy! The landscape has changed every day since Saturday and it has me so excited for this holiday season. I was actually singing along with the dreaded Christmas music in the car last night! If you don't think that's a miracle, ask my husband about my usual four-letter-word pontifications on how I usually loathe the outdated and overplayed jingles!

To add to my winter drunkedness, the boys received a letter from Santa today! It had their names on it, was post marked "North Pole" and had a reference to us being in Mobile for Christmas! The looks on their faces just about knocked me out!!

Bliss!!!!

...and we're expecting more snow tonight!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Rosie said…

    A-twitter? Singing? Bliss and it's cold outside? Where is my sister and what have you done with her?!!!

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger ACG said…

    I wish it would be wintery here already!
    I walked to work this morning without a jacket.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger WarriorM said…

    ACG,

    Oh sure, rub it in! Enjoy while you can...my feet will now be frozen until May! :-)

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I feel your frozen pain. Try them barefoot.

    http://www.mukluks.com/index.shtml

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    Awwwwwww :)

    You make me want to like snow!

    I was talking to my friend in Missoula telling her about my lap swimming in the rain yesterday...and she cracked up because of the MT snow.

    It sounds so beautiful.....I can feel your winter Bliss. :)

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said…

    *sulking* Why can't I have some snow here in Virginia, dammit? Snow days are my friend!

    *shimmying into my Snow Dance gear*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats