Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Monday, November 21, 2005

I Loveit I Loveit I LLLooooveit!!!

You know Molly Shannon's character Helen Madden? She's a joyologist and is fond of saying, "Iloveit, Iloveit Iloooooveit!!! Well, it makes me so happy to see that skit! I bought the best of Molly Shannon for that and for her Sally O'Malley number (I'm 50..5--0!). That woman is a comic genious and cracks me up! So, here's my form of joyology going out to all of you on this fine fall Monday!


I love retired military dudes. This last week I went to the local VFW to help bake cookies. The local vets put together Christmas care packages for Montanans who are deployed. They even bake cookies for the local guys who are out in the field.These old guys are hilarious. They tease you upon meeting you, which always brings a smile to my face. They harass each other relentlessly all the while doing something nice for people they don't even know. Did I mention that most of these guys are about 75 and above? They served their country and are now volunteering their time for our troops abroad. I love them!




I love giving things to my son Sam. Not that I don't love giving stuff to the other boys, but it's all in the reaction. When you give something to Sam he says, "FOR ME?!?!" He gets so excited and is so thrilled to have whatever it is. He has the same reaction for a new pair of slippers as he would for a coveted toy! It's awesome! Also, he has the best Christmas list ever!

1. A plastic goat
2. Snapping teeth
3. Googlie eye glasses
4. Robo pet

I asked him why he wanted a plastic goat and he said, "Because I don't have one!" Duh!

I love the smell outside when there's a chill in the air, and someone has a wood burning stove on. The crisp autumn air was so awesome last night. When I came in I left the screen open to let the cool air and wood smell inside. Good smells like that always make me happy.

I love holiday baking. I don't like to bake in the general sense. Baking for me is relegated to the holidays. I have some pretty incredible memories of being in the kitchen and making family favorites while my mom gave me instructions. Now Craig and I bake together and give goodies away to friends and neighbors. Even though it's labor intensive, it's one of my favorite things about the holidays.

I love the way I feel after I've worked out. I'm a procrastinator and not an incredibly self-motivated person, either. Getting to the gym is not always on the top of my list of priorities, even though it should be because I feel like a million bucks after I've had a good work out. I'm always so proud of myself because, although I grew up playing sports, I never really enjoyed running or lifting weights. Now, I love it. I just need to work on the motivation to get there.


Well, there you have it. I wanted to share some positive thoughts! I'm trying to put some positive karma out there as my birthday and the New Year approach. I've had a lot of happiness in my life this year; I want to keep it going. So spread the wealth people. Throw out some joy into the world, hopefully it will come back and slap you in the ass! Maybe all that happiness will give you a joy wedgie...you should be so lucky!!!

6 Comments:

  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said…

    I'm not good at this whole embedding links with posts, etc...so I'm just gonna give ya this. I saw it on the news tonight. http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10138446/from/RS.5/

    Also, while I neither have nor want a plastic goat, I WOULD love a pair of snapping teeth. I think they'd come in mighty handy in my classroom.

    As for the googlie eyes...I have a pair of SKULL glasses a kid gave me my first year of teaching. I wore them while instructing the other day. The kids were filled with pride and admiration for me!

     
  • At 7:23 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    well done...

    and hows you team doing?

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger kjane said…

    Mary this post gave me such a smile. Its so great to see people who love the little things in life!

    I've always wanted some of those snapping teeth! Your son is cool!

    - spart

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Zephyr said…

    Sounds like you got into motivational monday mode too! :)

     
  • At 5:39 AM, Blogger I n g e r said…

    Oh, how lovely! You made me smile--it worked!

    Happy Thanksgiving, Mary!

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    What a fantastic post Mary!

    And I'm in love with your Sam. A plastic goat!! What a wonderful little cutie he is!

    Thanks for the Joyological experience!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats