Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Oh When the Saints Go Marchin' In...


My Alma Mater, Carroll College Saints are going to the NAIA championship for the 5th time in a row!!!!! GO SAINTS! They'll be playing the University of St. Francis, JQP's Alma Mater!!!

Oh how I wish I could be tailgating in Tennessee with the Blogger Public! The Saints defeated the Cougars last year in a courageous battle! The Cougars have kept the final score to that game on the wall in their locker room as inspiration this season. I would love to be singing our fight song, eating brats, drinking beer to see my Saints win, an unprecedented FIFTH NAIA championship, but alas it's not to be. I will be leaving for Mobile, Alabama on the 20th to spend the holiday with the in-laws. There's kids' programs, basketball games, etc...So the Saints will have to win without me! JQP, if you attend the game raise a glass for me!

In other news I haven't put one damn Christmas decoration up in my house. I keep thinking that since we're not going to be here, what's the big deal? Well, I'm starting to think I'm just a lazy hag and I need to deck some frickin' halls! Some shopping has been done, but I still have to get stuff in the mail and of course finish the dreaded Christmas cards. In case you're wondering, the photo I chose was the one outside where kids were looking at the camera, but the dogs were looking everywhere else. Out of the 20,000 shots I took that one was the very first and the best. Go figure!

BTW, the Christmas baking is almost done. We have 2 kinds of fudge, almond biscotti, chocolate mint balls and raspberry cake bars...want some? Come on over!

10 Comments:

  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    You're screwing up my diet resolve! Holy Moly those treats sound great! And dammit....how come you've already taken the pic of your kids for you cards? LOL I'm so behind I'm thinking of looking through the last year's worth of picture to just find one with all three of them together. It'll have to do!

    BTW....your kids and your dogs are gorgeous....but especially the kids. I loved all of those pics!!

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    ignore the typos above.. I'm finger challenged today

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger sjobs said…

    Mary-Love all photos of the kids and the one that you picked out.

    I don't even think I am sending cards this year.

    Mary

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Hey kiddo! Dad's over the moon about Carroll College and, of course, Cole and Greg are stoked about USC's rout over UCLA.

    I'm behind. We have most of the Christmas decorations up, but no ornaments on tree yet...just the lights. I'm waiting for a night we are all home.

    Sounds like things are humming out your way. I want some fudge!

    P.S. I got the cookbooks today! Thanks!

     
  • At 2:17 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    I haven't decorated either, which goes against the grain of my being, and yet here I am, less than 3 weeks to go...

     
  • At 5:11 AM, Blogger I n g e r said…

    I'm still laughing at theChristmas photo debacle, below! I can't get two kids to do what I want--how on EARTH do you manage with three and a pack of pooches?!?! (I love the one you chose, too!)

    Happy decorating!

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    I would be willing to bet on this one...

    JQP

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Steve "Tiny" Michaels said…

    saints are goin' down...
    .
    .

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Steve "Tiny" Michaels said…

    don't make me come out there, mary....

    care to make a small wager on the outcome??

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    a love sonnet to you, perhaps but to the Saints never...

    hell I was thinking 5 bucks or a beer or something... after they get their cute lil' purple shirts all dirty and come home all sad...

    I want a post for 5 days, saying that my blog is the best blog out there, with at least 3 reasons why each time...

    or 5 bucks

    JQP

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats