Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Monday, October 31, 2005

BOO!



Holy Crap! This has been the longest week of my life and it's only Monday! Doing the classroom Halloween circuit along with Craig's work Halloween thing, trying to have a somewhat healthy meal and carving the fricken' pumpkins we forgot to carve over the weekend, I'm fucking beat. Let's not forget the actual trick-or-treating. Holy Hell, they got a lot of candy! Then I look at my blog that hasn't been updated in almost a week and I feel bad.

Boy, that Catholic guilt thing will stay with you for a long, long time! On a different note...

I had a nice little Mom memory/love thing happen today. Well, as you might know my mom died almost two years ago. I inherited a lot of her clothes. Today I decided to put on a Halloween sweatshirt of hers. When I grabbed it, I smelled it. It has a very faint smell of mom, Shalimar and something else I can't describe. Not a bad smell, a memory smell, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I put it over my head to put it on and I pushed my arm through the sleeve and out popped a Kleenex from the cuff. I had to laugh! My mother used to blot her nose or lips and then stuff her Kleenex up her sleeve just in case she or anyone else needed it. This may seem gross to some, but I always thought it was cute. I knew if I sneezed or unexpectedly burst into tears, my mom had me covered, out would come a tissue from her sleeve.

Anywho, it was a great way to start off this insanely busy day!!!

6 Comments:

  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger kjane said…

    I know exactly what you mean by an article of clothing retaining the scent of someone who is gone, Mary. It's amazing how one little smell can trigger so many memories.

    Glad you had a great Hallowe'en!

    - spart

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said…

    Mary, that is wonderful! I'd like to be totally kind, but I have to say I envy the scent you smelled. I cannot tell a lie. I live for days when I smell scents that remind me of my Dad.

    This past weekend I was freezing and pulled out a shirt he gave me shortly before he died. Just the texture of it brought back memories of him. Good stuff.

    I think your mom knew my Mom. Mine still stuffs tissues up her sleeves. *grin*

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Ilove the picture of the kiki bo-bos! They are so cute! I miss Mom...but you already know that. I miss you too!

     
  • At 5:01 AM, Blogger I n g e r said…

    Oh Mary, that just melts me--your Mom's scent, the tissue. How sweet and sad and wonderful. And the tricksters--they're adorable! Glad you survived all that exhaustion--I know exactly what you mean. The time change didn't help, though you'd think the whole extra-hour-of-sleep thing would.

    It's almost Friday...

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    I liked the swing pic, so much I just stole it

    JQP

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    This blog post brought tears to my eyes...

    I love the tissue up the sleeve.

    (sigh)

    What a lovely thing to come across.. Hugs to both you and Rosie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats