Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I want to be one of the cool kids

In light of the Katrina tragedy, I know this is a lame post, however, I needed a distraction and this provided me (I'm ashamed to say) with a couple of hours off from the news.

I've been blog surfing again. I've found that many bloggers have a list. You know the one I'm talking about...the list about themselves. Now, I've just made some blogging friends and I thought I didn't want to bore or scare them off with my list, but I can't help it...I'm self-centered, self-absorbed and self-involved, so I just HAD to compile my own list of 100 random things about ME!

1. I'm the youngest of nine.

2. I can pout and manipulate with the best of them because I'm the youngest of nine.

3. I got engaged to my husband 3 1/2 weeks after meeting. We were married a year later and just had our 9th anniversary.

4. I have 3 dogs one of which is female. She's the youngest of nine too and I think she understands me on a deep level.

5. I used to be a teacher. I liked teaching 2nd and 3rd grade the most (there's not enough money in the world to make me teach Kindergarten again).

6. I love autumnal colors.

7. Red lipstick makes me feel sexy, I wear it A LOT.

8. I'm afraid of driving on bridges.

9. I won a blue ribbon at the state fair for cherry pit spitting.

10. Laundry is the bane of my existence.

11. I jumped out of a perfectly good plane and lived to tell about it.

12. I want to run a marathon one day.

13. I'm a short, dark, hairy Italian girl and I have two sisters with red hair and freckles (yes, same two parents).

14. I had a Donny and Marie lunch box in grade school and used to dance in the living room to their variety show.

15. I have 2 tattoos.

16. I can't ride a bike well at all.

17. I played basketball for 7 years.

18. I love gin! I also enjoy vodka, well and beer...pina colatas are my froo froo drink of choice, then there's Captn' and coke. I think peppermint schnapps and hot chocolate is one of my favorite things about winter. I could go on, but I don't want to put my drink down and typing with one hand is getting to be a pain.

19. I have a bird phobia (they're rats with wings).

20. I went to Catholic grade school and college (read: many hang ups).

21. I HATE lima beans.

22. I love food and cooking (except lima beans).

23. I actually went to an MC Hammer concert my first year of college (Can't touch this).

24. Romance novels make me horny.

25. I secretly LOOOOOVE my husbands stupid humor, but I tell him it drives me crazy.

26. My husband and I met at a bar where I spotted him dancing alone. I had to guzzle my Red Dog beer to get the courage to dance with him, therefore, I made the first move.

27. I wish I could pee standing up.

28. If I don't check on my boys before I go to bed I can't sleep.

29. I had braces.

30. I was in 2 car accidents at 16 and 18, but haven't been in one since.

31. Little Women was my first favorite book and started my love of reading.

32. I still have my first copy of Little Women given to me by my older sister.

33. There are 17 years between my eldest sibling and me. We are very close!

34. My husband knows all of my secrets.

35. I was an aunt when I was 4.

36. I was an unplanned pregnancy (You think? She had an IUD implanted).

37. I had an unplanned pregnancy.

38. My boobs grew 3 cup sizes in high school (A when I started D when I graduated. That wasn't traumatic at all).

39. My husband and I rarely yell, but often bicker and we both diffuse stressful arguments with stupid and often sarcastic humor.

40. I think pedicures are beautifully decidant.

41. I yell at the tv.

42. I've always talked to myself. When I was little I did this on the toilet which was great entertainment for my siblings.

43. I've had 2 nicknames: Memee and Mow Mow...I've hated them both.

44. I have dreams about playing basketball.

45. I have a reccuring dream about skipping college classes and then going for the final where I can't locate the room, I'm totally unprepared and scared out of my mind.

46. I'm an ex-smoker.

47. I still miss cigarettes.

48. I think about cigarettes a lot, but will NEVER start smoking again.

49. I don't go to church any more, but I refuse to call myself an ex-Catholic.

50. I've only been to the movies by myself twice and only once as an adult.

51. I've never broken a bone (well, my finger playing basketball, but no cast, so that doesn't count).

52. I'm a cryer. I cry at movies, sappy commercials, when I'm mad, sad and happy.

53. Despite living around 2 great ski areas, I have never snow skiid.

54. I'm slightly lactose intolerant.

55. I think Jeff Corwin from Animal Planet is foxy.

56. In grade school I thought I made up the phrase "I'm warm for your form".

57. I wore white angora-type leg-warmers with my blue plaid uniform in 4th and 5th grade.

58. I get emotionally attached to clothes. For example, I still have the shirt Craig was wearing the night we met and my ugly-ass prom dress.

59. I have a pink Kitchen Aid stand mixer (that one's for you Jay).

60. My husband and I bake Christmas goodies for our friends and neighbors every year.

61. I watch Food Network all the time and have a crush on Bobby Flay. Iron Chef America rocks!

62. I've recently come to terms with the fact that I'm dorky. I used to think that only my husband was a dork, but now I realize that I'm a HUGE dork, and I'm okay with that.

63. My second tattoo was inked in NYC. Two of my sisters got tattoos with me.

64. I hate my first tattoo (I should know better than to get a tattoo in a trailer from a guy named Wild Bill. What can I say, I was 21, and stoned, not my finest moment).

65. I collect mis-matched china.

66. I lived in Germany for 3 years as a child.

67. My best friend in grade school was named Mary too.

68. My brother Chris hated me while growing up (he's #8), now we're great friends and he still feels guilty about all the torturing.

69. My sons carry the best qualities of me and my husband.

70. I was never really driven about my own personal goals. I always wanted a simple life with someone who loved me just the way I was (I got that in aces).

71. My father-in-law married my husbands aunt. We tell people we have a family pole instead of a family tree.

72. I have a potty mouth.

73. My parents never cussed while we were growing up and most of us have gutter mouths.

74. I gave birth 4 times with no pain medication (that's my BIG claim to fame, although I want to add it wasn't on purpose. Craig thinks I'm such a stud and brags about me).

75. I'm self conscious about my back (no hump or anything, it's just not a good back).

76. I hated my 3rd grade teacher.

77. I'm short and have almost always had big boobs, so people describe me as, "You know Mary, short...big boobs".

78. I've thought long and hard about boob surgery. I can't decide. Part of me loves that they worked to the best of their ability to nourish my children and excite my husband and I don't ever want to change them. The other part of me wants cute, perky boobs and would love to go braless on a regular basis.

79. I like the word boobs, tits...not so much. Breasts is a little impersonal and clinical. Boobs...nice.

80. 7 IS my lucky number

81. I'm a New Year's baby

82. I have terrible road rage

83. I often rant about injustices to me or others, but I'm awful at confrontation.

84. I once was an audience member at the Arsenio Hall show (it was lame, Hulk Hogan, Peter Scelar and Mike Tyson were his guests).

85. I've lost 2 of my sons in Wal-mart on seprate occasions and one in my own house (he fell asleep under my bed). Luckily they were all found safe and sound.

86. I find funny men incredibly sexy, examples of sexy, funny men in my book: My Husband, John Stuart, David Lettermen, Johnny Knoxville, Jimmy Fallon, Craig Kilborn, Jamie Fox, Denis Leary, Eddie Murphy, I could go on, but this list is taking me five years to complete so...

87. I'm still obsessing about the spelling of skiid on #53. Is it skiid, skied, skiied???

88. Oh, I'm a terrible speller.

89. I've been known to be petty and gruge-holding.

90. I always know exactly how to tell someone off a few days AFTER they've pissed me off.

91. When my husband cleans the kitchen or takes out the garbage I consider it foreplay.

92. I like burnt cheese.

93. I dig reference books.

94. I read the obituaries and sometimes cry over them.

95. I had a cat named Mittens growing up. He died when I was in college. I've never been able to bond with a cat since then.

96. Julia Roberts brother, Eric Roberts gives me the willies.

97. I do some of my best thinking and day-dreaming in the shower.

98. I'm observant and can read people pretty well.

99. I've never considered myself girly, but I love make-up, shoes and accessories A LOT!

100. It's taken me far too long to make this list, which makes me think I'm not very interesting, BUT I'm good in bed, so who needs a personality? :-)

3 Comments:

  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Zephyr said…

    I like that... family pole! LOL

    I always just say "we are purebread because we like to keep the good traits in the family." (My kids and I are 4th cousins. They think that's gross.)

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    K, as your sister I am compelled to tell you that #3 was really 3 things not just 1, so when you were getting to the end of the list and didn't know what to say about your self around #95, you know that you blew it way back on #3. :P This is why you totally love me.

    Know what the best thing about this list is? I learned some stuff about you...isn't that wonderful! It means that when our guys give us the look after we have been on the phone for 2 hours wondering what we could possibly be saying to one another we can now say there is LOTS of stuff we still don't know about each other!!

     
  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger I n g e r said…

    Oh Mary, this was JUST the thing I needed this morning! A nice distraction, and the first smile in days.

    I love the 100 list. Don't think I could think of 100 things to say about myself, but they always read like poetry to me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats