Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Blog Surfing

My Husband said that blogging would be good for me because I would get to be a part of a world that doesn't include cartoons, leggos, food preparation, Band-aids, runny noses, interrupted showers (not in the good way), and all the other endless duties that come with being a stay at home mom. Well, I hate to say it, but he was right.

I went surfing the site to check out some other blogs and was happy to discover others like me. I have a theory that, aside from treating the women like slaves, the Amish have a good thing living the way they do. Being a stay at home mom can be lonely. It would be nice to wash dishes, prepare meals and clean as a team. I love being home with my kids, but you do lose yourself in the minutia. I went to college, I read and lately I feel like my brain can't grasp the most idiotic of concepts. My vocabulary has gone to shit, and when composing new entries for this blog, I have nothing of any interest to write.

But, I find myself comforted by reading other blogs, even with people I don't have much in common with. It's cheesy, but feeling connected, even through cyber space is an awesome thing. I can find people who enjoy the books I do, I can connect with other moms, I can read incredible, original poetry, view beautiful photographs and I can express my opinion of just about anything without being censored. How amazing is that? Being home all day with little people isn't as lonely then.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Mary--did you see your link on my page? Yeah...work is over, the emails from Elaine aren't. Oy! the pain!!!

    I had originally planned to call you, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. Today has been too hectic, and I'm wasted.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats