Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Words I thought would never come out of my mouth

1. Why are you naked again?
2. Is that poop on your sock?
3. Stop hitting your brother or I'll beat you!
4. Eat your fries so you can have dessert.
5. I'm too tired for sex, honey.
6. I don't care about fair I care about quiet.
7. I miss going to work.
8. If you clog that toilet again, I'm going to drive you to McDonald's the next time you have to
poop.
9. You're out of clean underwear? Go borrow your brothers.
10. Listen to what I mean not what I say. (Huh???)

It's sad, I know, I'm not proud of those moments. But that's what happens sometimes when you're a parent. What prompted this post is I said #2 just this morning. I've said it before and I'll say it again, being the mother of 3 boys and living with the man that I do, I'm destined to be surrounded by the pungent odor of feet and ass.

*********************************************

BTW, today's a better day than yesterday. I always feel better when the sun is shining! I am quite disturbed, however, by the images of the South on the TV. I've been watching MSNBC and CNN all morning and I'm horrified at the devastation. What sucks about technology and getting the news as it happens is it makes you feel so helpless. I have such a strong urge to do something, but what? Any ideas how a housewife in Montana can do something productive for those poor souls in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama?

6 Comments:

  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Pivoney said…

    I said 7 of the 10 phrases and I have a 2 yr old girl and 6 month old boy. Please tell me it get's easier?!?

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    I have said a couple of those things and I have no children. Is there any hope for me?

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Saucy Monk said…

    Wow. Coincidentally, these are all things "i never thought I'd hear my boss say to me".

    Weird, huh?

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger I n g e r said…

    Too funny--I think I've muttered most of them, too. Must be basics from the Parenting Lexicon. If only they'd handed out that book before we got pregnant. Not that it would've changed the outcome, but a heads up would've been OK...

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    You bimbo!!! Look how popular you are!!
    As for the list. I must admit I have had to say anything about clogging the toilet or poop on the socks. However I have gotten used to half the house smelling like a sweaty locker room. There isn't enough air freshner in the world to cover that smell. It's like trying to put perfume on a dirty, wet puppy. Yuck!

     
  • At 6:27 AM, Blogger Zephyr said…

    LOL... I think I missed saying anything about poop on socks. I have had to ask who stuck boogers on the wall though. ewwwwwwwwww huh? That's NOT what I signed up for when I had kids!!!

    I never say #6 though.... I say "I don't care if it's not fair. Life's not fair. No one said it would be. Get used to it."

    I love the last one... my mom used to say that all the time, so when I don't make any sense I just quote her and give her the credit (blame).

    ~L

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats