Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Pat Robertson is a Boob

Sometimes it's hard to be an American. The fact that Pat Robertson and I both happen to have been born in America doesn't mean I want him to speak for me. The world community hears what he says and then they have more fuel to hate us. Don't get me wrong, I support our right to free speech, I think that's what makes our country so awesome. I just wish that extremists like Robertson wouldn't exercise his right on national television.

Pat Robertson, king of the 700 Club and once Republican Presidential candidate, with a ginormous evangelical following, said that we should just take out, as in assassinate, the president of Venezuela. Okay, Hugo Chavez is a dictator and not a good guy, but come on! Don't you think it's ironic that Pat Robertson is a member of the Christian Coalition? Someone who believes/follows Christ's teachings is saying, on television mind you, that we should just off another human being. His reasoning had something to do with the fact that Venezuela is the second largest supplier of oil to the US. Rather than have another war, we should just go kill this guy. Now Donald Rumsfeld and various other White House staffers have to officially deny that there is a hit on said dictator.

The world doesn't like us enough as it is, but now we have to have Pat Robertson the voice of America? He's the A-hole the White House is responding to? I just wish I didn't give a rats ass and then maybe I wouldn't be so damn embarrassed that world wide impressions of us are made by Pat Fucking Robertson. Thanks!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Can I hear an AMEN!

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Karen Scott said…

    Mary, thanks for stopping by my blog, you sure seem to have a lot of spammers, I wouldn't click on any of the links if I was you, it's just people trying to sell you stuff.

    If the spammers bother you, I suggest you go into your settings and adjust the bit where it asks if you want to add your blog to the listings. Just switch it to no, and republish.

    Oh just ignore all of the above, I see you have a code thingy, that should do it!!

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Ed said…

    Yes, and the silence from the White House on this matter is deafening. unfortunately, the strongest reaction has come from the Venezuelan gov't.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats