Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Runnin',runnin' and runnin,' runnin'...

I ran a 5K this morning and I didn't pass out on the side of the road or vomit. Considering the amount of spit I watched fly around from the other runners (the guys, go figure) I'm pretty proud about the not barfing part.

I was really doing well working out, which is a whole new experience for me. I played sports in high school , but other than the occasional aerobics class, I never really "worked out". I've been out of high school for fifteen years, so I thought it was about time I take my health and fitness seriously. Besides, this is the first time in 9 years I haven't been pregnant or nursing a baby, so what the hell.

I started working out and eating healthy after the first of the year. By May I had lost a good 15 pounds (I'm only 5'2 so that was a lot), was down a couple of sizes and I never felt better. June came and my routine was shot to shit. Between going on vacation and my kids summer activities, I lost momentum. This morning was the shot in the arm I needed. I ran slow and I had to stop off and on, but I feel great now. Just getting up early, being outside and getting my blood flowing made all the difference in the world. I'm pumped now!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am too funny. Funnier than Rosie for sure.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats