Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Ahhhhh Pillow Talk


I get obsessed with stupid stuff sometimes. Something that was on my mind when I went to bed last night was spelling. In a blog comment I wrote light instead of lite. Now I know it's stupid to obsess over stuff like that, I mean really, who gives a shit? But I think coming from a family of extreme overachievers who are totally preoccupied with being smart and being right...you can maybe understand why my mind couldn't let it go. So, my husband, Mr. sensitive will not play into my obsessing because he knows there is NO WAY out when you get into that maze of my psychosis. Here's our "goodnight" banter:

Me: I misspelled lite in that comment I made. I wrote l-i-g-h-t instead of l-i-t-e. I'm an idiot.
Him: Yeah, you'll be known as Dumb Girl. That's okay, you're pretty.
Me: Thanks, you're an asshole! That's okay because you're funny.
Him: Hee, hee goodnight.
Me: Goodnight, Ass!

He refuses to play into my psychosis. He knows that if he said, "Honey, you're not an idiot. You're smart and it was just a silly mistake, don't worry about it." He would still be awake listening to, "I AM an idiot! You're just saying that because you have to. Remember the time I..." and then he'd have to hear about one of the million times I've done something stupid, said the wrong thing or screwed up in some inconsequential way. Poor bastard!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Zephyr said…

    Actually.... light is right. lite is NOT rite, it's slang. Tell the funny asshole I said you're smart. :)

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    You are have obsession issues too? What is it with our gene pool? : )

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger kjane said…

    I tried to leave a comment earlier, but clearly it didn't take. I just wanted to say that I think your husband is a bright fella....AND weirdest of weird things, I just about had a heart attack when I opened your blog this morning. I watched Pillow Talk for the first time this week and just fell in love with it!! Talk about a coincidence! Love it, love it.

    -spart

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    First of all....that picture made me smile because I SO LOVE that movie...

    And then your post was WONDERFUL! Tell your hubby I love him. lol He's perfect for you!

    Nice when we hand them our remote control and they actually figure out how to use it, isn't it? :)

    Thanks for letting us in your bed with you two. Very nice to read. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats