Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

I'm Losing My Mind For Sure!


I have watched waaaay too much t.v. lately. I was so depressed yesterday between the news and Oprah. I saw many stories about average people (and celebs on Oprah) helping and yet my government is so sluggish. It's hard to watch and so I've spent part of today pondering glow-in-the dark tattoo ink.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have a tattoo that glows in the dark? Why hasn't anyone invented this magical ink? I think I would get one near my goodies. What fun would that be during some adult playtime!? What about tattoo ink that glitters? I've got to be some kind of genius and need to patent my idea. See? There is an upside to a natural disaster of epic proportions, gives me time to be brilliant!


Okay, I just found this online and I guess I shouldn't be filling out that patent too soon. It's black light tattoo ink.





Then I found this:

Q: Can I get a glow in the dark tattoo?

A: The material that makes something glow-in-the-dark is not suitable for use in tattooing. Something will glow in the dark because it has phosphoresce in it. That material can cause cancer in humans. I have heard that there is safe blacklight tattoo ink, however, a tattoo is permanent, and people have only been using the blacklight ink for a few years. There is no real understanding about the long-term effects. Most of the blacklight ink that I have seen does not look very good as a tattoo anyway. It seems like that ink is much more likely to heal up patchy. No one really knows how long the ink will stay reactive to blacklight. I really cannot recommend something that has that many unknown variables.

Look at what else I discovered:

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Body piercing and tattoos make way. The latest fashion trend to hit the Netherlands is eyeball jewelry. Dutch eye surgeons have implanted tiny pieces of jewelry called "JewelEye" in the mucous membrane of the eyes of six women and one man in cosmetic surgery pioneered by an ophthalmic surgery research and development institute in Rotterdam.The procedure involves inserting a 3.5 mm (0.13 inch) wide 1 piece of specially developed jewelry. The range includes a glittering half-moon or heart into the eye's mucous membrane under local anaesthetic a costof 500 to 1,000 euros ($1,232).

Holy Crap, Batman! What next?

4 Comments:

  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Wow...now I'm learning about your secret fantasy side. I don't know whether to applaud or say Yikes! Is that your toe?

    Hey only one more week until the big weekend. How are ticket sales?

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Zephyr said…

    I'm going to pass on the eye jewelry. *shaking my head* Glow in the dark tattoos are a cool idea but some things are just plain scary!

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger ACG said…

    First, the eye thing... EEEEWWW!

    When we have black light parties we just draw on each other with highlighters... no muss, no fuss, no needles.

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Myssa said…

    Woah cool eye-piercing...Yikes -- that will probably become mainstream over the next few years, as *everyone* seems to be trying to be "the first to have such-and-such pierced".

    As far as tattoos - how about scented tattoos? Like scratch and sniff...I have a rose on my ankle, how cool would it be to have an ink that gives it a rose scent? Ah well, in the meantime, I'll just keep using rose-scented body wash & lotion! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats