Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

AWWWWW

Today I got my hair cut and colored. I usually color my hair myself because I'm cheap, but I have a formal event this weekend and decided to spring for a professional job. My hair lady is a pretty nice woman(aside from the Flock of Seagull style I got today, but I digress). She and I have gradually gotten to know each other over the past 18 months or so. Today she revealed a lot about herself. She started talking about her first marriage and her current one in referrence to the things she automatically sacrificed for her man because it seemed to be what she was "supposed" to do.

She's 45 and grew up in Montana. Generally speaking, girls grow up here and are destined to get married and have babies, not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just that most of these girls go away to college, tech school, beauty school and whatnot, but once married with children many give up their own aspirations for their husband. My stylist did just that, both times. Now she's resentful...still...after 17 years of marriage. It sucks and I found myself sitting there listening to her feeling grateful.

I know you all think I'm a bitch. I don't have anything against her, I felt bad for her. It's just I'm a lucky girl to have found the right boy for me. Here's a list of the reasons he's the best thing that ever happened to me and why I'm eternally grateful (if you don't like it, move on...it's MY blog and I'll gush about my guy if I want to):

1) he knew he wanted to marry me after just 3 weeks (which was not according to his long term goals, but what do you do when you're in love?)

2) he goes bra shopping with me

3) when our new kitten destroyed my wedding bouquet (I was drying it out for a keepsake) and I was totally bummed out about it, he went to the florist and bought me one EXACTLY like it.

4) for our 5th anniversary he found out the "gift" for that particular number was wood and made me a wooden jewelry box and put a pendant in it.

5) when I had our first son he told me I grew a beautiful placenta

6) he finds me sexy and tells me

7) he's never asked me to give up my dreams

8) he encourages me to do anything that will make me happy

9) he still makes me laugh so hard I often snort, cry or pee myself

10) the sex has never been better!

I feel like we are the members of this great team. We work hard together and play hard together and we share all of ourselves. I sometimes feel so bad when I'm with a woman whose unhappy in her marriage, especially if the couple fundamentally doesn't understand each other. I feel guilty for having this relationship that is so right for me. I made mistake after mistake with men when I was single and never thought I'd find "the one". Now that I have him, I have to pinch myself at my good fortune. He's a treasure and a blessing and I thank God every day that He stuck us together!

7 Comments:

  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger kjane said…

    Hi Mary,

    I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful comment you left for me. It was such an unexpected (and really nice) surprise! And, like Jonesygirl, I too wish to say that admire you and your husband's relationship. You seem like an awesome person and I'm certain that you deserve all the happiness life has to offer you. You go girl.

    - Kailey

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    Beautiful placenta? That must be love.

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Rosie said…

    First of all...yeah, still jealous about all your popularity...but what are sisters for? A little envy, a little crowing and alot of love.

    Secondly, what a gorgeous picture of you and Craig Steven!!!

    He is an awesome guy and the only one of my in-laws who makes me laugh. But I love him most because of the way he loves you and your boys. What more could a sister ask for?

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger I n g e r said…

    Damn, Mary, I love him, too! The beautiful placenta--just priceless.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Zephyr said…

    I think he can pinch himself for his good fortune too. I always love seeing people together who are just so well-suited for each other. There is no better feeling than to know that someone accepts you as you are without trying to change you, yet wants you to be all you can be and supports your own goals in that regard.

    And what a beautiful photo of the two of you.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said…

    I absolutely loved your post! Never apologize for truly being in love with your husband and being intuitive enough to realize how blessed you both are! I adored his placenta compliment. It reminded me of my husband. He told my Mom that watching me give birth to our son was the most humbling experience of his life. There's nothing like it.

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello!

    I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use a photograph of yours in this book. Please contact me at hannah@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

    Sincerely,

    Hannah
    hannah@wefeelfine.org

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats