Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Monday, November 20, 2006

I'm Not Dead...Just Chillin'


Well, I can't say that I've been "chillin'" really because that makes me sound too cool, which we know I'm not. Also, I now live on the Central Coast of California and went to the beach last Friday to picnic with my family. Yes...you heard me...the beach...in November! Definately NOT chillin'!


Considering how frigid it starts to get in Montana this time of year, I do thank my lucky stars we've relocated. I'm still a little flustered that they sell winter parkas and boots around here. Seriously, I think the coldest it gets in the middle of the night is 40 degrees. Parkas? Really? I have missed the leaves changing in Montana. Fall was one of my favorite seasons there if you can call 4 weeks a season.


Anyway, I'm still adjusting to the change in locale. Although there have been so many awesome things about moving here, the feeling of displacement is tough. I was reading a post by JQP the other day and can relate since he's going through the same thing. It's hard when you establish some roots to feel so out of sorts. I really like it here, but I always feel like I'm a little lost. I know that's part of why I've not been very good at posting. I have no set routine or rhythm to my life here yet. I'll get there though, I have all the faith in the world that I will.


I'm headed up to Sonoma for Thanksgiving. My clan is joining my brother and all of his in-laws for the holiday. I have to admit there's a bit of apprehension on my part. I'll kind of be the outsider. I hate that at 34 I can still be so damn insecure. What the hell??!? I keep thinking of all the things I can bring to boost my ego and they're all food items. I feel pretty confident in the kitchen, so I suppose I feel that if I ply everyone with zucchini bread, spiced nuts and cranberry puff pastry bites, I'll be beloved! I know...skewed thinking, what can I say? I'm Italian; my life usually revolves around the next meal.


I hope all of my friends out in Blogger Land have a safe and grateful holiday! XO

4 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    I LOVE that picture of the boys!

    So, you'll likely see some leaves still turning on your way to Sonoma. And next year try to get the gang up to Tahoe towards mid Oct - mid Nov. You'll get to see the fall colors in huge abundance. One of California's pockets of autumn color i guess. There just isn't much of it where you are or where I am. Although, if you're near SLO...I must say spring time there will make up for it big time.

    Anyway, I am keeping up with Studio 60. OF COURSE! A few episodes have been a bit weak (at least I thought so anyway) but it seems to be getting better...and I loved the John Candy episodes...AND I'm hoping it finds it's audience soon before they off it! There has to be more out there besides you and me. I've seen a few save the cheerleaders...and my boys would probably love it....but it's too graphic for my daughter (even for me ..i'm a blood and guts wimp)...and we need TIVO so that they can watch at a more convenient time.

    Happy Thanksgiving, Mary. Everyone in Sonoma will LOVE you..how could they not. And by this time next year, you'll have some roots and feel less displaced. You just need to meet some people, find doctors and dentists that you like, find a favorite restaurant or two, and have a couple of parties in your new home. Each of those things will add another comfy layer of "home". BTW, feel free to email me anytime if you don't want to go through blogland. (nutsnhuny@aol.com) Now I think maybe I'll go post on my blog too! You inspired me! lol

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Rosie said…

    See? Somebody else and NOT related to you thinks you are very lovable! Dork!!

    You are going to be a big hit in Sonoma. Kaden will adore you because you are bringing her some cousins to play with.

    Have fun...kiss everyone and say hello for me. Who am I kidding? I'll probably call you on the phone when I finish this post.

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ummmmmmmmm,
    how about that St. Frannie, sorry about your alma...

    JQP

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    Oh where oh where has Mary gone? Oh where oh where can she beeeeeeee?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats