Mary, Mary why ya buggin'?

Random thoughts and musings from an oversexed housewife.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Studio 60 Ate My Blog

All I can say is that posting has been low on the priority list. I couldn't tell you what has been high on the priority list, but I've been too consumed with everyday life that I haven't posted in what seems like forever.I tried to post a couple of times, but I decided I was too boring for words and the world of blogs was better off with no post at all. So I'm now sitting here in my office (still full of boxes) and I'm bummed I haven't taken the time to post because it's something I actually enjoy doing. So here I am...back at it for now.

Since my last post we've got some exciting news...my dad and the gold digger broke up! Just when I thought I couldn’t take any more, he surprises us all. He actually called her a manipulative bitch, which totally threw me for a loop considering he wanted his kids to "love her, just love her because she's sooooo good to me. I think we'll get married in full Indian dress at the Gates of the Mountain!" WHA?????? So suffice it to say, I'm tickled the man finally saw her for what she was.

In other news Craig and I sprung for DirecTV with the whole DVR thing and now I'm not sure how I survived without it. For those of you that may not know a DVR is just like TiVo. You can record your favorite programs and watch them at your convenience. This has been incredible considering I no longer have to suffer through trying to fix dinner, help with homework and catch glimpses of Oprah. Also I don't have to stay up late to watch my new all time favorite show Studio 60.

If you haven't watched this little gem of television writing, than please give it a try. The pace is fast, the writing is smart and incredibly funny and the cast is to die for. I have to admit I was a little worried about seeing Chandler Bing as a comedy writer. Who knew Matthew Perry was so multi faceted? Sarah Paulson is also a HUGE find because she is stellar in the "sketches" from the SNLesque show that's being written about in the series, and she also handles the dramatic story line with aplomb. I just love this new show!!!!! I can't say enough about how fabulous it is. And if stupid NBC takes it off the air because it only got 10 million viewers instead of 50 gabillion, I'm going to be royally pissed off!

So there you have it, DirecTV, my new DVR and Studio 60 is to blame for why I haven't blogged in so damn long. All that and I just might be in a total funk. I'm not sure why, maybe since the move I just haven't found my groove, I just need to get it in gear, so I'm starting with this post.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    You've got a groove -- I've seen it. It'll be back as soon as you give it the green light. *winky winky*

    As for Studio 60, what you said. I swear if they take it off the air...

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said…

    OMG...I am so happy to hear that the gold digger is EL GONO!

    I wish I could say as much for the idiot my Mother married.

    I won't be spending Thanksgiving with them. No way. I'm cooking at MY house for the first time. We'll see what my hiney can do in the kitchen!

    Glad to see ya back! Forget judging whether or not your posts are mundane! We love you no matter what!

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger WarriorM said…

    Thanks, Ro! I can always count on you for encouragement.

    BG, I have to say that after being in the military for the past 7 years, holidays at home are grand! It's nice to be able to plan your own menu and do things the way you want. You can have people over or just cook for your little clan. I know with your creativity the meal will be brilliant!

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    OMG MARY!! Ok...so like (taking valley girl so you feel welcomed to Calif properly) anyway.so like..here's the thing....we are so totally thinking about getting TIVO or some kind of DVR type thingie because I HAVE TO WATCH STUDIO 60 and so does my hubby..but I have to like nap before it comes on so I can like be awake that late to watch it! I LOVE THAT SHOW. WHY THE HELL is it on at 10? sheeeeeeeeeesh I'm a big Aaron Sorkin fan though.....West Wing was my former favorite show....I'm still not over it not being on the air anymore... where's Toby? Where's CJ? (sigh

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    Xo XO etc from the AZ desert:

    How about my St. Frannie...Looks like we will be taking the title this year.

    JQP esq.

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/sports/colleges/university_of_saint_francis/16036816.htm

    giggle...

    is that why your away?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats